Objectives of IQAC
The general objective of the IQAC is to promote a quality assurance culture within the university. The specific objectives are to:
- Institutionalize the quality assurance culture in accordance with national QA guidelines and international practices.
- Ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed following the QAU guidelines and national requirements.
- Develop, maintain and enhance quality of education and people’s perception in favor of the university through consistent quality assurance practice and performance.
- Build image of the university with confidence of the stakeholders ensuring transparency, accountability, and good practices in all aspects of management.
- Prepare the university to meet the external quality assurance assessment and accreditation requirements.
Currently, the scope of higher education is expanding rapidly in Bangladesh both in public and private sector with wide diversity in programs and in some cases mode of education. Individual universities are managing study programs following their own systems and practices. But no evidence of institutional set up with defined mission and responsibility in accordance with generally accepted QA principles within the university is available. In the absence of effective quality assurance culture, the ongoing practices lacks transparency, accountability, consistency and evidence of good practice. Internal quality assurance infrastructure is indispensable for a quality assurance culture in a university. The setting up of IQACs at public and private universities would promote the QA culture to ensure quality in education.